The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is affecting everyone's lives. Here at NWEC we have been proactively monitoring the situation and will continue to do so as the information is being updated. We decided to create one page on the website as a "central location" to find all the messages that we need to share with our member-owners. Please check back often for the latest information
- For the health and safety of our member-owners, our community and our employees, we are asking everyone to use the following directives if you need to contact us. Rest assured, we are still here working to keep your lights on and respond to your needs.
- You can pay your electric bill FREE-OF-CHARGE. Visit our payment options page to choose the way that best fits your lifestyle and current circumstances.
- If you need to meet with an NWEC employee, please call 800-647-6932.
- New member-owners can start service by calling 800-647-6932.
- All deliveries will be made via the south gate. All packages will be set outside by the southeast walk-through door.
- Disconnection and late charges. We know that this could be a time of financial hardship. So, we've voluntarily suspended disconnection for nonpayment in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, we are offering to member-owners who indicate either an impact or hardship as a result of COVID-19 our most flexible payment plans, and we will suspend late payment charges until May 1. We are here to help you, so please call 800-647-6932 to discuss all available options when you receive your monthly bill. We encourage you to pay as much as you can now to help elevate larger payments later.
- Assistance may be available from Northwest Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC). Please contact them directly for more information.
- Managing energy use. More time at home during the COVID-19 pandemic might mean higher energy use this month. Don't forget that there are a variety of ways to save energy at home.
Your electric service
- CEO Darin Thorp's letter to members providing the latest update on the COVID-19 situation on April 17, 2020.
- Our employees are working hard for you. We know that you rely on us for the energy that heats and lights your home, cooks your food, provides hot water and more. During this time of uncertainty, our employees continue to work to ensure you have the safe, reliable service that you need throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are taking appropriate precautions to maintain the health and safety of our member-owners, communities and employees. We are insuring that our system is safe and, if an outbreak would occur in our service territories, have plans in place to suspend all non-emergency work if necessary.
- Focusing on the most critical work. To do our part to protect our member-owners, employees and those most vulnerable, we will stop some types of work until further notice. By doing this, we will be able to put all our focus on the most essential work to ensure that our system remains safe and reliable.
- Most work that you would request, such as starting and stopping service, will continue to be available. But we may not be able to complete other types of requests. If you have already scheduled work that we will not be able to complete, we will contact you.
- Scammers may try to target you. Scams are on the rise. We will never call you directly to ask for account or payment information. We also never demand payment through a prepaid credit card. If you are unsure of any phone call, ask the caller to give you a number so you can call them back then hang up and call our office to verify the information.
Annual meeting - Rescheduled to Saturday, June 13, 2020 @ 9 a.m.
- The Annual Meeting of Member-Owners has been rescheduled to Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 9 a.m. This will be a DRIVE-THRU ONLY meeting. You may attend anytime between 9 a.m. and noon on that day. Each member-owner will receive a special mailer with all the information regarding the meeting. The information can also be viewed online. PLEASE BRING YOUR REGISTRATION PAGE AND YOUR COMPLETED BALLOT WITH YOU WHEN YOU ATTEND. Only active member-owners will be allowed to submit a completed ballot and must be present at the meeting in order to vote. No proxy ballots will be accepted.
- On March 26, the Bryan Times reported that the annual meeting had been postponed indefinitely. That is incorrect information. Please see below for the CORRECT INFORMATION.
- On March 12, Governor Mike DeWine issued an order restricting all mass gatherings in the state until further notice. Based on the governor's directive, the NWEC Board of Trustees, NWEC management and the cooperative attorney have decided to postpone the meeting that was originally scheduled for April 18 to a later date. They will continue to proactively monitor the situation and discuss the potential changes that will need to take place to keep the member-owners, the community and our employees safe while still following the mandates of the Code of Regulations and the orders of the governor.
- To read the letter from the Chairman of the Board and President/CEO dated March 16, 2020, click here.
Looking for more information about COVID-19? We recommend the CDC's website, www.cdc.gov